Hanna Instruments ultra low range phosphorus colorimeter brings you more precise technology from your typical chemical test kit. Standard test kits have limited accuracy since they rely on the user to match colors. Hanna Instruments handheld colorimeter makes your life easier by eliminating color matching and providing you a direct saltwater phosphorus results.
- Take our portable handheld colorimeter anywhere.
- Simple, one-button design makes getting your results easy.
- Improve your technology and upgrade from your standard test kit
The HI736 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure phosphorus in marine systems including reef tanks. Phosphorus is an important parameter to measure in aquaculture and aquariums; levels that are too high can lead to extensive algae growth, depleted dissolved oxygen levels, and ultimately can be fatal to many types of fish and aquatic life. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI736 provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
The HI736 displays orthophosphate as phosphorus in parts-per-billion (ppb). To convert results to part-per-million (ppm) phosphate, multiply the readings from the HI736 by 3.066 then divide by 1,000. The HI736 is designed for reading phosphate levels at low ranges required by many reef tanks.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquariums, Environmental, Aquaculture, Water Quality
- Phosphorus to Phosphate Conversion Table (PDF)